Easy morning yoga moves
Start the day as you mean to go on!
Charlotte Dodson says that by practising the yoga moves below, for about 15 minutes a day, you can embrace your whole day with energy to spare.
- Always start morning yoga with kind words from your heart
Inhale to wake up
- Sit cross legged with your hands on your knees or palms at your chest and your spine elongated with your chin tucked into your throat
- Take a long deep inhalation, counting from one to four and naturally release with a long exhalation. Any time it feels uncomfortable come back to a normal breath. Repeat three to five times.
- Place your feet together and either put one hand on each elbow behind your back or interlock your hands behind your back (palms inward) and roll your shoulders outward
- Fold at your waist bending your knees slightly and if you can lift your arms up and over your head (only go as far as you feel comfortable)
- Breathe deeply and naturally for five to ten breaths
- To release, slowly roll back up to standing, keeping your knees soft
- Start by laying down on your back, palms facing down (pictured)
- Bend both knees to a 45-degree angle, with feet hip-distance apart
- Exhale, ground your feet and peel your buttocks, lower, middle then upper back away from the floor
- Hold and breathe deeply for five to ten breaths
- Exhale, and roll back down to the floor
You can follow Charlotte's morning classes on charlottedodson.tv.
Photo credit: Thinkstock