Avocado toast with alfalfa sprouts
Kick-start your morning with a healthy breakfast that's easy to make
Avocado is an excellent source of essential fatty acids. Combined with good-quality bread, it is a great way to start the day
- good-quality bread such as sourdough or multigrain
- butter (optional)
- Vegemite or Promite (optional)
- ripe avocado
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- alfalfa sprouts
1. Toast the bread and butter it (if desired), then spread on a little Vegemite or Promite, if you like (this adds a nice salty flavour).
2. Using a fork, mash the avocado – you can do this either directly on the toast, or in a bowl and then spread it on the toast. Squeeze over a little lemon juice, add salt and pepper to your taste, and top with a handful of alfalfa sprouts.